Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer of Adventure: #4

This particular adventure wasn't just one day, but a week. Our church put together a VBS and while signing up my kids, I realized that they needed volunteers. So...I volunteered. I had visions of dropping off my kids and experiencing what other people do when they leave their children at school or take them to camp and have a couple of "kid free" hours, but decided that once again, I will experience this someday. I had a group of first graders and Hayden was in my little crew. Thank goodness, because he cried three times before the first day was over. Landry was in a kindergarten crew and I am a little concerned what kindergarten will actually be like this year. By the second day, she declared that she was tired of her new school and couldn't we just stay home. Of course, Gibson being the people person that he is, was in hog heaven and loved every second of it. He told his whole prayer group that he had a girl friend. This was news to me. Evidently, the "girl" doesn't know either. Grace was too old to participate this year, so she was a "teen helper" with the kindergarten. She had Landry in her group. She told me at the end of the first day that she never intends to be a teacher...ever. Haha! She had to take a nap every afternoon to recover.
Hayden got a chance to help reenact a Bible story. Here, he is Lazarus. I think that he may be a budding actor. He had to die, and then stay dead for a long time, and I have not laughed that hard, silently, in a long time.

No comments: