Today was our first day of summer and it was bliss. We kicked off the day with breakfast with Dad and then we were off! I have decided that our word of the summer is adventure. We have not even come close to exploring and experiencing all that our region has to offer and we are going to do our best to have lots of adventures over the next several weeks.
We headed over to La Porte and met up with my friend, Amber, and her son Spencer. La Porte has a fantastic city beach that we enjoyed very much. There weren't many people out this morning (I'm sure that they are packed on the weekend.). The whole park is fenced in, allowing the city control over who has access to the beach and other park properties after hours. There is no alcohol allowed, a roped off swimming area (only chest deep), lots of sand, a really nice play park behind the beach, kayak and canoe rentals, a skateboard park, and a boat ramp (far away from the swimmers). My kids had a blast!
I could barely get them all together to take a picture. They were really not interested.
Spencer is in Landry's class at school. She was really excited about having one of her friends to play with for the day.
Grace was hanging out under the umbrella and reading her favorite book series. (I probably should have been under there with her. I'm a little pink.)
We almost made it out of our adventure without anyone getting hurt, but not quite. On our way to the car, Landry tripped on her towel and busted her nose and lip. Thankfully, my friend Amber was there and she is our school nurse. There was a lot of blood. Poor little Landry's lip is pretty fat.
After our beach escapades we headed over to Chick Fil A for some lunch and then hit up the fish market. I really wish that I had taken pictures of the fish market. There were bins and bins of whole fish (the smell was incredible - and I don't mean in a good way.), shrimps, clams and even baby octupus. The boys got the biggest kick out of the tank of lobsters and the huge bin of live blue crabs. We are going to have to head back there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment